Direct Fence Offers Vinyl Fence Installation Throughout New Jersey
Not only can you save allot of money buying vinyl fence materials direct from our factory you can also save allot of money on installation!
Direct Fence is a certified NJ State home improvement contractor which means you will be getting reliable service!
Do you need help figuring out how much vinyl fence you need? Contact us today to schedule a free in home estimate.
Our installation services are also available in NY PA & CT
Direct Fence Offers:
- Vinyl fence installation
- Aluminum fence installation
- Chain link fence installation
- Vinyl railing installation
- Wood fence installation
Vinyl Fence Installation Instructions
Below is a simple guide to installing a vinyl fence purchased from Direct Fence & BuyVinylFence.com
Vinyl Fence Installation can be an intimidating project!
Please call our trained team anytime with questions! All vinyl fence purchases from our site come with phone support!
- Contact your utility supplier to locate and mark underground lines.
- Establish the property line or fence line. Run a string line the length of the fence line about one foot above the ground.
- Start installation from the highest point on the property. Dig your first hole. The post is designed to go three feet into the ground.
- We recommend that you dig one hole at a time. The hole should be as deep as the post depending on the grade of the property. No less then 30" below the grade.
- Now set the last post on the same line (knowing) that you might have to move it again if not in the proper place. Now run a string line even with the bottom of the top hole, now you have a guide line for the rest of your posts.
- If grade is not level then you will have to set another post at beginning and end of grade. If very severe grade you might have to step down the sections.
- Place bottom rail in routed hole with the groove facing up; now install the same way all the posts and the bottom rail. Once this is finished place first picket with the u channel on one side, then insert the rest (typical section takes 15 pickets) with the last one again with the u channel.
- U-Channels are used for two reasons - It hides the last groove & cover any imperfections in the installation. Now slide the top rail and lattice if you have this type of section. Repeat until you reach the end.
- If you don’t have the footage in multiples of 8 feet you will have to cut one section down.
- We suggest if you want all sections even in size to purchase one extra section and one extra post and cut each horizontal rail.
- Before pouring the cement check to make sure everything is leveled. In very windy areas we suggest putting a screw inside the piece going into the 5” x 5” post. Fill each hole with cement. If installation is in dirt leave 2” below grade level and fill with dirt, if in cement level to grade. Install caps.
- If you have long stretches of fence fill every other post about 3’ high (when doing this mix cement very dry) so it does not run out the routed holes.
- If you need more help call us at 201-377-0370